Any information you provide on or via this website is controlled by The Money Service Ltd. The Money Service Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 11837878, with its registered office at 52 Forder Way, Peterborough, PE7 8JB.
The Money Service Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. Registration number ZA507640
We provide our services by:
Our lawful bases under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) is a mixture of Consent, Contract and Legitimate Interest.
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you (“Your Information”):
- directly from you via a form on our website, such as: name, e-mail address, date of birth, mobile number and anything else we require to give you a result after you use a tool on our website, such as a quotation or calculation;
- details of your visits to moneyservice.co.uk (including without limitation traffic data, location data and other communication data) and the resources you access;
- information you provide to our partners, brokers and/or affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us; and/or
- we may check whether the mobile number you provide is real.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is necessary.
How we use Your Information
We may use Your Information in the following ways:
- to process and submit your request to FCA or IPA authorised companies, enabling them to give you advice and/or quotations on the most suitable financial solution;
- to provide you with an excellent service;
- to be sure that our website is presented in the best way for you and your device; and/or
- to notify you about changes to services.
We, and third parties to whom you agree we may send your data, may also use Your Information for marketing purposes to provide you with information about goods and/or services that may be of interest to you. We may contact you about these by email, text or phone subject to your consent when you submit Your Information to us. You can read more in the 'Direct marketing' section below.
How we process your application
The primary service we provide to you is that of an online financial services introducer. We work with a number of partners, including FCA regulated advisers who provide personally tailored advice and/or quotes from the UK's leading providers.
After you submit Your Information, we may pass your enquiry to an FCA or IPA authorised company who will find the best product option(s) solution for you based on the details you submit to us and/or provide to them.
The information we collect is only as much as we require so you can receive advice and/or quotes from a regulated company.
moneyservice.co.uk acts as an introducer to save you filling out multiple applications with lots of providers to try to obtain the best solution.
If you give your consent, we may contact you by email, text or phone to tell you about offers relating to products of our partners that we think you might be interested in.
In our email marketing we may also promote third parties who can provide other services, including without limitation:
- credit brokers, unsecured or secured loan providers, short term lenders, alternative lenders, peer-to-peer lenders, guarantor lenders, mortgage brokers and lenders;
- credit card, prepayment credit card and/or bank account providers;
- car finance lenders and brokers, logbook loan lenders;
- debt management companies, insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy specialists, debt and property possession adjusters/advisers;
- equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers;
- annuity service providers and/or brokers;
- providers of general insurance products like car and home insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance, income protection insurance, private medical insurance;
- compensation advisers; and/or
- utility switching agents.
You may withdraw your consent from receiving marketing emails at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link contained in each email sent by us or our partners.
Sharing your information with third parties
We will release some or all of Your Information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
We may disclose information about you, including electronic identifiers (such as your IP address) and/or provide access to your account:
- if required to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Information Commissioner's Office or any other applicable regulator or law enforcement agency; and/or
- where necessary, in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings.
We may give Your Information to third parties as part of the process of selling all or part of one or more of our businesses.
We may transfer Your Information to an FCA or IPA authorised adviser company, for the purposes of providing you with advice and/or a free quotation with your consent.
We may sometimes use agents and service providers to process Your Information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process Your Information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in line with UK GDPR to safeguard the privacy and security of Your Information.
When you submit another person's information to us in connection with your application or enquiry, you are confirming you have the consent of that person to provide their information to us and for us to use their information in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Where you have submitted an online enquiry for pensions advice, including Pension Drawdowns, Pension Annuities and other pension products, we will pass your personal information to Pensionlite Ltd (ICO registration number ZA323959). Pensionlite Ltd may contact you directly to check your eligibility for their pension advice and provide information on a range of pension options. Your information will be stored securely and in line with UK GDPR. You can find Pensionlite's privacy notice here: https://www.pensionlite.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Where we store Your Information
We only store the information that is necessary under law and/or needed for us to carry out the functions outlined in this Privacy and Cookies Policy. All information you provide to us is encrypted and stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, despite such measures, the transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Information, we cannot guarantee its security in transmission. Any transmission of data is therefore at your own risk.
Once we receive Your Information, we use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For more information on cookies (including how to block their use) please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Controlling Your Information
You may choose to restrict our collection and/or use of Your Information in the following ways:
- you can withdraw your consent of all marketing communications using the unsubscribe link on any email we send you; or
You have the right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes. If you ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes, we will do so - but you may still receive emails for up to 7 working days after we receive your request.
You also have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you by making a subject access request.
You may correct errors in or update Your Information or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal address above. In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case, we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision.
To protect your privacy and the security of Your Information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request you make in respect of Your Information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease Your Information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use Your Information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting if you have consented to this.
Links to other websites
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way we collect, store or use Your Information, our staff will try to resolve your concerns. Do please bring any issues to our attention as soon as possible: the sooner we know about the issue, the sooner we can help resolve it. Please get in touch via our Contact Us page.
If you remain dissatisfied with any aspect relating to Your Information, you may complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. You may contact the ICO by post at Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, by visiting the https://ico.org.uk website, or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate).
From time to time it may be necessary for us to undertake some of the processing of your personal data in other countries outside of the UK. However, where this is necessary, we will ensure that your data is kept securely and only processed in accordance with UK GDPR laws. It is also possible that some of our product providers will process your data in other countries, however we require all our partners to ensure that your data is kept securely at all times.
If you need to get in touch in relation to anything related to Your Information or how we process data, please use the details found on our Contact Us page.
We may update this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. Please ensure that you check this policy regularly for updates. The policy was last revised and updated on 01 February 2022.